1. After you.妳先請。這是壹句很常用的客套話，在進／出門,上車得場合妳都可以表現壹下。
2. I just couldn't help it.我就是忍不住。想想看，這樣壹個漂亮的句子可用于多少個場合？下面是隨意舉的壹個例子：
I was deeply moved by the film and I cried and cried. I just couldn't help it.
3. Don't take it to heart.別往心裏去，別爲此而憂慮傷神。生活實例：
This test isn't that important. Don't take it to heart.
4. We'd better be off.我們該走了。It's getting late. We'd better be off .
5. Let's face it.面對現實吧。常表明說話人不願意逃避困難的現狀。
參考例句：I know it's a difficult situation. Let's face it, OK?
6. Let's get started.咱們開始幹吧。勸導別人時說：Don't just talk. Let's get started.
7. I'm really dead.我真要累死了。坦誠自己的感受時說：After all that work, I'm really dead.
8. I've done my best.我已盡力了。
9. Is that so?真是那樣嗎？常用在壹個人聽了壹件事後表示驚訝、懷疑。
10. Don't play games with me!別跟我耍花招！
11. I don't know for sure.我不確切知道。
Stranger：Could you tell me how to get to the town hall? Tom: I don't know for sure. Maybe you could ask the policeman over there.
12. I'm not going to kid you.我不是跟妳開玩笑的。
Karin：You quit the job? You are kidding. Jack: I'm not going to kid you. I'm serious.
13. That's something.太好了，太棒了。
A: I'm granted a full scholarship for this semester. B: Congratulations. That's something.
14. Brilliant idea!這主意真棒！這主意真高明！
15. Do you really mean it?此話當真？
Michael：Whenever you are short of money, just come to me. David: Do you really mean it?
16. You are a great help.妳幫了大忙
17. I couldn't be more sure.我再也肯定不過。
18. I am behind you.我支持妳。
A: Whatever decision you're going to make, I am behind you.
19. I'm broke.我身無分文。
20. Mind you!請注意！聽著！(也可僅用Mind。) 模範例句：Mind you! He's a very nice fellow though bad-tempered.
21. You can count on it.妳盡管相信好了，盡管放心。
A：Do you think he will come to my birthday party? B: You can count on it.
22. I never liked it anyway.我壹直不太喜歡這東西。當朋友或同事不小心摔壞妳的東西時就可以用上這句話給他壹個台階，打破尴尬局面：Oh, don't worry. I'm thinking of buying a new one. I never liked it anyway.
23. That depends.看情況再說。
例：I may go to the airport to meet her. But that depends.
25. Thanks anyway.無論如何我還是得謝謝妳。當別人盡力要幫助妳卻沒幫成時，妳就可以用這個短語表示謝意。
26. It's a deal.壹言爲定Harry：Haven't seen you for ages. Let's have a get-together next week. Jenny: It's a deal.